Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reel Reviews, Grown Ups

Here goes my first post for What I Watched Wednesdays. I’ve watched quite a few new to dvd movies lately, which sounds a little like it’s something different, but actually I watch dvds pretty much every week.

Grown Ups came out last week on dvd. I knew I would want to see it when it came out on dvd as it is chock full of some seriously funny guys. Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, and David Spade all in one movie. Should be laugh out loud, pee in your pants, hilarious, right? Wrong. I was worried right away putting the dvd in. That many funny people in one movie and you expect a lot and it’s easy to get let down.

The plot was almost non-existant. The guys grew up together, went their separate ways, and are brought back together for a funeral. The rest of the movie is almost like they were winging it to see what happened. You get very little in-depth character development as there are so many characters. There are a few moments where I giggled, but nowhere near the belly hurting, tears running down my face, laughter I would have liked.

It’s a movie you could watch with your family, there are a few suggestive parts. All in all, I would watch it again on tv unless there was something better on.

No comments: